Excerpt from Likeable Social Media by Dave Kerpen and Carrie Kerpen.
Getting the like approval is essential for everyone but even more important for smaller businesses and new organizations, which can utilize such free social media and word-of-mouth marketing to grow their fledgling companies.
So what are the top ten reasons customers like fan pages on Facebook?
- To receive discounts and promos
- To show support for brand to friends
- To get a freebie (e.g., free samples, coupons)
- To stay informed about company activities
- For updates on future projects
- For updates on upcoming sales
- Just for fun
- To get access to exclusive content
- To learn more about the company
- For education about company topics
Dave Kerpen is the cofounder and Chairman of Likeable Media, an award-winning social media and word-of-mouth marketing firm and the founder and CEO of Likeable Local, a software platform for small businesses. Dave and his wife Carrie lead 2 teams of over 75 people in working with brands, organizations, governments, and small businesses to better leverage social media to become more transparent, responsive, engaged, and likeable.