McGraw-Hill Professional once again exhibited its wide range of language resources at this years hugely successful Language Show Live. The show, which runs from October 21st through October 23rd, witnessed an increase in numbers and exhibitors as the show continues to grow – despite it already being the UK’s largest language event.
Just over 9,000 language teachers, students, and professionals descended upon London’s Olympia National Hall to check out the latest offerings from each of the 160 exhibitors. Delegates were able to enjoy free classes, cool demonstrations and great discounts to spice up the proceedings. The McGraw-Hill Professional book stand, positioned immediately in front of delegates as they walked through the front door, were able to browse publications from a broad range of series that covered an impressive range of languages.
Come the end of the show Delegates had bought 134 different publications and sales were up by 28% on our previous personal best from 2008!
Here are some quick facts from the show:
- 9,061 delegates attended over three days
- Daily breakdown: Friday – 2,973; Saturday – 3,967; Sunday – 2,121
- The show attracted 160 exhibitors
- Attendee breakdown – 35% language learners, 39% language teachers, 26% language professionals
- Gender ratio – male 31% / female 69%
- 62% of visitors were attending for the first time
- 54% of visitors wanted to find a job using their language skills